Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sewing for Pingu

I started on 2 1/2 year old nephew's penguin costume today. Shhhh don't tell my sister that I got the fabric ages ago and just started less than a week before I will see them.

There is about a ton of leftover fabric. I was supposed to get 1 1/4 yards of white for the tummy, fronts of wings, and sides of the hood and I had about 1/2 a yard left. I decided to do the the wing lining in white, too. Then I did the black parts and had almost a yard left of the 1 1/2 it called for. I am doing the feet and beak in orange instead of black (it's supposed to be Pingu) but that accounts for about 1/4 of a yard of the leftover black. I am also coming out way ahead on the flannel for the lining. Maybe my 4 yo nephew would like some black and white PJs? Or a fleece penguin jacket? I feel like I should do or make something for him, too.

Anyway, I have the body and wings done but not attached to each other yet.

And oh, yeah. What to get my brother for his wedding?

No comments: