Sunday, October 21, 2007

Garbage, garbage everywhere

We have just way too much JUNK and CRAP and CLUTTER lying around our house. I don't often have the energy to do anything about it or to hover over the kids so they pick up their stuff. I also get really cross when I start, because it's just an endless, thankless task.

1) Sorted laundry this evening (about time: there was a week's worth, including most of the stuff from last weekend, so more like a week and a half),

2) then went through the boys' stuff to see what was too small and moved things out/handed them down,

3) moaned about the stupid, stinking broken drawer on DS2's dresser which looks like we're going to have to get a new dresser and so we might as well get one for DS1 as well, because he's been keeping his clothes in the cupboards in the hall since we moved here about 3 1/2 years ago, and then

4) picked up all the other crap on the floor in my room, where the toys migrate to hide behind full baskets of unsorted, clean laundry,

5) then, as I discovered some pieces of fabric that had migrated there, though the kids aren't supposed to touch my fabric and sewing supplies, I found that

6) a stack of fabric that was folded and neat has been jumped and walked all over in my sewing area so everything was spread out and balled up, so after an hour and a half with very few visible results,

7) I screamed in frustration.

No comments: