Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's been a sewing weekend

I made a skirt yesterday and put in the drawstring today (had to go buy it this afternoon). I got a new drawstring for a beat-up pair of old sweats I wear to sleep and around the house, because it had a shoelace in it that wasn't going to keep pace with my belly.

Finished DS1's samurai costume all except a hat or helmet or something like that for his head. I made a pair of black pants from leftovers of black flannel and interlock with the silvery fabric as the front of the bottom half of the legs. Oh shoot. Needs a belt and sword, too.

Have finished a blouse for myself all but hemming the sleeves and bottom edge. The neckline turned out kind of weird and scrunched, but otherwise it's pretty good. It looks like I'm wearing a tent, but it's a pretty white satiny fabric with big black flowers. So a nice tent.

Pictures to come when everything is modeled.

Still need to: hem shirt, make a cape and shield/logo for DS2's ninja-with-a-cape superhero costume (I ordered a ninja costume from our karate place), and make that purse that I cut out the pattern for that I've been meaning to make for almost 2 years.

Before Xmas I need to: make a quilt for my brother and his new wife, finish the Xmas quilt I was making for us that I started last year, and make PJs for the kids. I've been thinking about making them new stockings, but we'll see.

In the vague future I should: finish the quilting on a breast cancer fabric quilt I started ages ago to donate to someone who was doing the 3-day walk but I still am not done, bat and back another lap-size quilt whose top is just sitting around here, and make a pair of stretchy maternity pants for myself - note to self: find the PJ pants pattern I used a couple of years ago.

No comments: