Thursday, October 25, 2007

My bunco addiction

On top of my wacky day (after the u/s, I had to pick up the kids at noon, then took them to Fresh Choice for lunch, then to a friend's house, then I turned around and went back to the school for their conferences and then back to the friend's and then brought her son home with us - then ordered a pizza for them for supper), our neighborhood co-op's Halloween Bunco night was tonight. So I went and talked a lot and told everyone (whether I knew them or not) about my new baby girl.

I also lost BIG TIME. Out of the 18 rounds we played (3 rounds of 1 through 6 on the dice), I lost 14 times. It was getting highly ridiculous, I must say. For quite a while another woman (a friend from book group) and I were neck and neck, but she managed to win a couple later on in the game. I was a total jinx, for the most part.

Turns out, that's a good thing, because the kitty was divided among biggest winner, most buncos (when you get all 3 dice with the number you are trying to roll), and biggest loser. Actually, I came out better than the others, because they tied and had to split their share between two people. So I put in $5 and came home with $30. I have only ever played bunco once before, 2 years ago at the same co-op bunco party and that time I had the most wins. So when I play again in a year or two, I guess I'll have to win the prize for most buncos, right?

And I took a smelly candle in a jar as a gift and came home with a smelly candle and a plate. I almost ended up with a bottle of wine or the smelly candle I took in the first place, but someone traded.

And now it's 11 and I am wiped out! And I am going to feed lunch to and then take care of a friend's kids while she goes to their teacher conferences. At least that means that she's going to bring them all home from school and that will save me a trip.

P.S. These rules are pretty much the way we played: http://www.buncorules.com/rules.html , at least down through the "overview" portion though we played to 25 instead of 21.

No comments: