Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Having a hard time settling in today

I slept fairly well last night - woke up a few times as usual, but went back to sleep. I am still tired today and was nearly asleep when DH's cell phone started ringing, was almost asleep again when the house phone started ringing and I had to answer it. Oh well, it was lunchtime anyway and I need a shower before going to get the kids.

Part of my inability to get anything done today, is that I am getting nervous about NaNoWriMo. I mean, who do I think I'm kidding when I say I will write 50K words in a month? But hey, let's just see how it goes.

I sewed up DS2's cape. Not only is he a ninja superhero, but he saw the fabric I picked up at (ahem) that other, rival fabric store, which is a black tricot with skulls and crossbones, and so now he has a cape made out of that - ninjapirate-superhero? My sewing machine was being a total pain in the patoot and breaking the thread and/or refusing to pick up the bottom thread so it looked like it was sewing when it really wasn't, so a quick gather-and-stitch-on-a-tie took a lot longer than it should have and left me on the verge of tears, cussing up a storm.

I need to find a chunk of fabric for DS1's belt and he needs a sword or two to complete his samurai outfit.

No costume for me this year. I was going to make a regency gown so I could be Elizabeth Bennett (since empire waisted shirts and dresses make me look pregnant when I am not, I might as well wear one when I really am pregnant), but haven't done a lot of sewing, except for things I need everyday. I wore my pirate costume to work Sunday and might still wear it tonight, but I'm not that excited by it after 2 years!

No comments: