Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yeah, well, karate chop THIS

DS1 started karate yesterday! He announced on the way to my evening class on Monday - when we were running a bit late and the the woman who does the stuff in the office was heading out the door, etc - that he was ready to start. I filled out the papers and he got a uniform and we are officially porr, but he had his first official class last night. It took forever to get him to go to sleep Monday night and then last night he was hyped up about what he had learned. He was trying to go to sleep in my bed (DH got back from a business trip at about midnight, so wasn't trying to sleep there, too) and would pop up every couple of minutes to show me the kicks he learned or whatever. GO TO SLEEP.

Oh, and photos to come today/tomorrow.

Dh is home and had a fairly successful trip. I don't think they sold any soiftware, but they talked to lots of people from various-sized businesses and collected a full deck of business cards. I hope some of it leads to something.

I go back to work tonight. I haven't worked since Saturday afternoon, when I had neighbors and friends juggling the kids because DH had gone out of town on short notice and barely told me in time for me to ask for the beginning of this week off.

School's back and I went and had 1st graders read to me today. It's nice to get back into that particular routine. Really nice kids and it's fun to have watched them read better and better all year. I enjoy doing the sound effects for Magic Treehouse books much more than correcting the slow sounding out.

OK, I am being booted off the secondary computer because DH's business partner is here and they're going to mess with their website.

No comments: