Monday, April 9, 2007

It's a tra-da-gee!

Trader Joe's has discontinued my very favorite coffee beans ever! Pacifico Blend was a dark roast, arabica, organic, fairly traded, decaf. Basically everything I could ever hope for. I guess others aren't as excited as me about really great decaf. They were out of madeleines (a small, French sponge cake, of Marcel Proust fame) the other day, too!

DS2 seems to think everything this afternoon is a tragedy. I picked him up from preschool at 2:30 and it's 3:30 and we're 4 tantrums into it. He wanted to go to the library before we had a snack. He wanted to go home before I had seen the grownup section, so stomped away and I lost him for a bit in the library. Then he screamed and cried because I dragged him out of there and we sat on the benches outside for a bit. Then he screamed and kicked me right in the shin and cried when I carried him to the car. Then he screamed and cried because I took the water bottle lib away from him because he kept sticking it in his mouth. He's on warning that if he hurts anyone again, he's not going to karate this evening. If he's only going to learn how to hit and kick and not pay any attention to the respect and self-discipline stuff, then he's just not gonna do it today. Now THAT would be the biggest tragedy of all, I'm sure.

He mostly needs a nap, I believe. The boys had a friend stay the night and though they got to bed at more or less the usual time, it was a bit late. Today was DS2's first day back after Spring Break, so morning came early and cooperation was at a minimum. He wore his PJs to school and I brought along clothes. I (or rather WE) managed to forget shoes and lunch, so had to go back with those a bit later.

I have to go to work later. I really need to write a letter giving notice. I'm disliking going, though it's usually OK once I get there.

ETA: We found out a week or so ago, that my manager is being demoted to assistant manager and the manager from the other local store will take her place. My poor mgr will now be getting about 1/2 of her current salary. Surprise! But that manager is bringing her current assistant with her. So how many assistants and supervisors will the store have? Definitly a good time for me to cut way back.

ETA (again): I didn't *think* DS2 had come inside from the car yet. And there he is, asleep in his booster seat in the back. Awwwwww.... He's so nonviolent when he sleeps.

No comments: