Monday, April 23, 2007

Bright, elusive butterfly of love

Kids back at school today. DH out of town. Hit snooze a bunch of times. Got up when they should already have BOTH been at school.

I have been working ona quilt to give to someone who will sell it as an extra fundraiser at a Walk for the Cure event. It's a lovely giant butterfly. I but stylized and angular, because I wanted it to be fairly quick, since the deadline is looming. I don't have enough of the striped fabric I am using for the border and there isn't any more at the store, so I have to think up something to put in the corners. It's already the loudest quilt on the block.

I'd take a picture if DH didn't have my camera!

I've had a couple of doughnuts this morning and the sugar relapse fog is just starting to clear. So much for the diet.

Karate tonight. I need to buy bag gloves because the last 2 knuckles and a hefty patch on the back of both hands are still bruised from last Thursday. That evening, I hit the bag so crookedly with my left hand one time that I had a big swollen lump immediately. But I'm too macho to stop - or something. No one else was there for the class, so it was a private lesson, and the teacher had me work on kicks a bit (and I went off balance and knocked myself down again. Maybe I should have given up for the night!) and on form instead of the actual punching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you...just wanted to let you know that bookclub is next monday, not tonight! ~P