Saturday, April 7, 2007

Saturday already?

Happy Easter everyone! We dyed eggs today with food coloring (mixed with water and vinegar - the way Mom used to do it - and only because the store was out of Paas when I was there today) and I bought chocolate to put in plastic eggs.

Worked 4-ish hours today and came home at almost 8 and DH was just feeding the kids supper. They were outside from about 3 when I left for work until 7. They mowed the lawn, played in the sprinklers in the front yard, and then went for a walk in the woods (presumably in dry clothes). Then DH made crepes, the batter of which needs to sit for a while before you cook it. Um yum!

I generally have about 1 drink a week and I have almost finished my 2nd bottle of beer (Eye of the Hawk from the Mendocino Brewing Co. Um yum again.) and my eyes are crossing. Blame PMS for the 2nd bottle. Just ran spell check and so far so good. It doesn't tell me if I use other real words instead of the one I intended, though.

The interview Wednesday? Stupid. Same thing as the day before, pretty much. They lied in their posting to a job site about the sort of positions they were hiring for and the chick told me they were hiring for fast-paced face-to-face stuff. Trial by fire, and I didn't get a call back. I guess they only hire one type of person and screw anyone who is better behind the scenes, right?

What's that pink bar that keeps flashing just under the compose box?

If any of you hear of even a beginner proofreader job, let me know, OK?

DS2 has just fallen asleep in front of a video about dinosaurs. No big surprise there for Mr. I-don't-waaaaaaanna-go-to-bed.

No comments: