Thursday, April 12, 2007

But it's MANLY red with sparkles

I bought some bright red nail polish with sparkles for my toenails today and DS2 wanted some on his big toes. I can hardly wait until karate tomorrow when his teacher sees that.

(Aside for those who don't know me well: toenail polish is my attempt at girliness that has come and gone and come back a few times in the past year or so. I even go get a pedicure every now and then. Like 3 times in the past year. I don't polish my fingernails because it takes me about 5 minutes to totally destroy it at work or in the garden or even just through life in general.)

DS2 and I each got the tip on our karate belt yesterday that says we're halfway to gold belt. Each cycle is 5 weeks and we learned that part of the curriculum in 2 weeks. At least I did - and the teacher has made a few comments about my pent-up aggression. This is better than therapy. I should have done this a long time ago. Not very girly, I know.

The little kids' class, they seem to promote them if they display that they have a clue and then when they get old enough or good enough to go into the regular juniors class, they are subject to more rigorous testing.

I also signed the contract yesterday and gave them my credit card number so we are now officially students and officially poor.

The kids are driving me nuts. DS1's still on spring break and DS2 only has preschool three days a week. Then they fight over everything and nothing. The PMS is putting me on edge and makes it so the constant pawing and grabbing at me is even more irritating. And the constant shouting. And the constant running. And the constant grabbing things out of each others' hands.

DS1 got a haircut today and looks so handsome. Less fashionably shaggy, I am sure, but grown up and sharp. DS2 needs a cut, too, but insisted he didn't want one today once we had spent 3 hours at the zoo and park this morning and only had a short rest before going out and having a snack, going to the library, and visiting the mattress store on the way past. Don't ask.

No comments: