Thursday, April 19, 2007

Baby day!

1) My semi-sister is pregnant! My baby-sat sister? Anyway, the one my mom cared for all day every working day from the time she was tiny until she could drive herself home after school. Not foster or adoptive, just extended family-by-choice. She was already making cloth diapers, so fingers crossed all goes well and the dipes fit. Oooooh, I'll have to get busy fixing some old ones that are still fine and making some new ones :) My mom was going to buy the huge diaper collection that I got for my sister with her first and that she barely used, but they could always use more, I am sure! Oh, and a quilt or two. And baby clothes. My mom has put in a a request (or a demand, rather) for a girl, since she has mainly grandSONS, so I'll add my voice to that. I could do some frilly pink sewing... I still haven't met the DH and he's supposedly a sweetie, which he'd have to be to marry Jennifer :) Congrats, guys :)))))))

2) Found out recently that an online acquaintance that I have been buying maternity and baby patterns for and shipping them overseas for a couple of YEARS now is more than halfway along. Very happy for her, too :))))))

3) A work acquaintance friend is having an oops baby in 5 or so months. She has four kids already, two of whom are autistic. She didn't even know she was pregnant until she was past the first trimester and just couldn't figure out why she was so tired and was losing weight. I haven't seen her, but she is optimistic by all reports. She is a chatty, outgoing type of person with a wry sense of humor - and heaven knows she needs the sense of humor. The Unsinkable Molly Mary!

4) Lots of nice comments off-blog about my 6-month-ago miscarriage. Thank you everyone. Lots of what-ifs, but no pressing desire to try again, especially since I will soon be as old as my dad was when I was born and he always seemed oooooooold (sorry, Dad!). I can barely imagine my life if I had another screaming newborn right now. Pregnancy and childbirth and kids after the age of 6 or so months have been great for me. I have tried to block out most of those early months, though it was easier going with DS2 than with DS1 (and actually, the time after 6 months until about 1 1/2 were rough with DS2, but that's because we changed countries and I was lost for a while). Better you than me, y'all. ;)

No comments: