Monday, September 7, 2009

labor days and mondays alwayyyyyys get me dowwwwwn

Sorry. Not quite how the song goes, but hey, my brain works in wondrous ways.

I call earworm! Mouhahahhaha!

And besides, I'm not down, so never mind.

Anyway, I just spent a couple of hours playing UNO with my kids. MIL sent a Harry Potter UNO deck. The instructions were in 4 languages, none of them English. Good thing I'm mostly fluent in French, because it's been a long time since I played UNO and the cards don't have words like "skip" or "reverse" or whatever on them, they just have symbols so it took a little interpreting. So anyway, it's a good time. The toddler got up from her nap part way through and I fed her lunch while she watched us play. After that, it was a bit of a struggle to keep her off the table and from grabbing cards, but she finally wandered off to see what Daddy was doing.

We went to the grocery this morning at 9 am. We were out of milk. We got donuts and a bagel and ate before doing the rest of the shopping. They behaved pretty well, which isn't always a given, plus it wasn't crowded, which also helps with the behavior. Beef and bread for dinner tonight.

And that's about it.

I need to work my way through the next chapter here.

No comments: