Wednesday, September 30, 2009

headache-inducing family

So....

After last night's struggle to get DS2 to do his homework and his stomping and pouting and refusing to brush his teeth when I said that we weren't going to have ice cream.

Then this morning, it took DS1 10+e minutes to get dressed and then still didn't have his shoes on and we were already late and they were talking really loudly in the hall and woke DD up and I left her with DH who went back to sleep, leaving the toddler roaming the house alone.

Then DH basically blew off (again) my pleas for him to come home before bedtime, because by that time of night, I need help with the kids. Well, maybe he'll do something and change the work schedule that he sets HIMSELF so that he sees his children (and me) during the week. He didn't commit to anything.

And then I was a little late getting the boys from school because DD had just woken from a nap and if I'm 5 minutes late leaving the house, it takes me 10 minutes longer because I have to go past the high school which is just getting out, too.

So instead of going to the pick-up loop out front, they weren't there, so I went to the pick-up loop at the side where DS1's classroom is and there they were. Only they weren't waiting to be picked up, they were bouncing playground balls. The loop teacher person called to them and told me to go around again so I wouldn't hold up traffic like half of the other parents do when picking up their kids. I did, but then they were gone. To the front loop. Basically, I idled for ten minutes because I was 3 minutes late.

And then we got home and when the toilet didn't flush right and was about to overflow, DS2 flushed it again and ewwwwwwwwwww. So the rug and a towel washing on hot with a bit of bleach.

And the Toddler is trying to get milkies so I'm typing with my left hand and she just bit me and so I put her down and there's lots of screaming.

And DH won't be home until who-knows-when again tonight.

1 comment:

CK said...

((hugs)) hun, hope he gets home early!