Wednesday, September 23, 2009

talkie, stinky pits, and screamie

I'm not in a great mood this evening.

DS1 and DS2 were wriggling around all over when they were allegedly listening to me read from Harry Potter #4. I just don't feel respected you know? DS1 at least kept track of what was going on, but DS2 reverted to "who? who's Cedric? What are they champions of?" and chatting and talking to DD who was wandering around.

Last night, DS1 took a bath and I specifically told him to wash his hair because it gets greasy. So he came out and got his PJs on and then lay down on my bed as I was reading Junie B. Jones to DS2 and he put his hands behind his head and wheeeewwwwwww. His pits stink. Another sign of adolescence. And how does one take a bath and wash all over without washing one's armpits? Yeah well, he's going to have to remember from now on.

And screamie is DD, who has decided that it is the best way to get people to do what she wants. Tyranny, party of one, your table is OVER THERE IN THE CORNER AND NO I'M NOT LISTENING.

And mostly, I'm tired of DH working away from home and instead of working during, oh, say, working hours, he goes in at noon and comes home at 9. Or, like tonight, he's still not home at almost 10. He doesn't do it every night, but it's often enough that I'm feeding the kids and putting them to bed by myself 3 or so times a week and I don't like it.

No comments: