Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa came, he saw, he conquered

We all have a satisfyingly large heap of presents to our name. There are presents in the stockings and two that were meant for the stockings but which weighed too much. There's a cookie and 2 carrots with bites out of them plus a wrapper from a mint in a bowl. NORAD hasn't posted that Mr. Claus had hit town, but he was in Oregon last I checked, so I should scamper off to bed in case the big guy swings by with more loot.

And Mom, Santa took the sticker that said "To T and Z" off the gift bag for C and T. Santa was a bit confused there for a minute as to why you would have shipped a box that contained only a present for kids you were going to see in person. But hey, it's near the end of his route and he's a bit tired and his "Ho ho ho" is down to a chortle.

Santa's in Redding! I'd better go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Santa did an admirable job! My kids noticed that Santa picked up his dish of cookies and milk and moved it to somewhere else in the room. :) I'm always amazed that one of the few nights that I have trouble sleeping is Christmas Eve . . . is it because I'm laying in bed listening for sleighbells?