Saturday, December 6, 2008

Made it to karate

Just barely, and was a bit late due to breastfeeding DD to sleep, so missed part of the warm up.

Me and a bunch of 16 year olds - including the instructor this morning. Who wants to partner with the old fart?

But hey, I feel better and like I've had some exercise and lots of kicking and punching in our curriculum this time, so adrenaline and stress relief all around. But why do I keep doing #8 of basic blocking set wrong? It's like I can't get my left arm to go in the right direction on that one. But intermediate striking set? WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM! Four count? WHAM WHAM thunk WHAM! (the thunk is my sorry excuse for a hook punch)

I tried to watch the advanced belts do their escrima thing because ds1 doesn't have the transitional middle part of it down, but I didn't see what they were doing. I guess he'll learn it this coming week.

No comments: