Friday, December 5, 2008

Spent some money today

Went to Mervyn's which is going out of business and bought some things at 50% off. A couple of school shirts for the boys (not much selection left - everything was 20 Husky or 4 slim and my boys are certainly in between those), a t-shirt for DD for next year (Disney Princesses! rock on!), 2 fitted sheets for the boys (Xmas presents - the most boring, awful sort, but Xmas nonetheless), and 3 light sweaters and pair of black pants for me. I am trying to upgrade my wardrobe a bit. they had some super cute little girl dresses, but I think I'll hold off for even better than 50% off.

But what's with the 3/4 length sleeves on sweaters? Or worse, on coats? I know it doesn't get cold cold cold around here, but when it's cold enough for a sweater or a coat, I need to cover my whole arm.

Anyway, Even at 1/2 off, I spent about $100 total. I didn't think until I left that I should look for some stuff for DH for Xmas, so I'll be going back next week.

I also need to figure out which kids' digital cameras I want for the boys. they were about the same price at Mervyn's as I can get them online. Anyone know anything about which one's best? Consumer Reports doesn't review them. I guess I'll fake it from the info on amazon...

No comments: