Monday, December 29, 2008

I dunno. What day is it today?

I keep losing track. Still a week until school starts and I'm not in a great mood anyway, so it seems like forever. We have a play date tentatively scheduled for tomorrow or else I will drag the boys to karate, even if it takes kicking and screaming. Or at least drag them off to a park, if it's as nice as it was today!

I printed out my NaNo book today. 183 pages 1.5 spaced. I just skimmed it to get it all in one file the other day and it has potential. I am following (3 weeks behind) the Plot Whisperer's blog about how to organize the story in your mind before you even start rewriting. Only that takes a lot of concentration and I'm having a hard time focussing.

The men in the family are watching Le grand blond avec une chaussure noir on DVD. It's a French movie (obviously) and was remade with Tom Hanks wearing one red shoe. So it's fairly old. They might be watching the second Grand blond movie, actually.

It's going to be time to put the baby to bed soon. She had a fairly late nap, but I don't want her staying up too late anyway. She ate about 10 grapes (cut up!) at supper, so that's going to be an interesting diaper in a day or two. The rest of her food, she crumbled and spread all over the place.

I made duck pot pie from the leftover Xmas duck, plus rice, plus lots of vegetables. It needed salt, but is was otherwise good. I am the queen of pot pie! We have a cheap steak in the freezer and maybe in a week or so I'll give it the same treatment.

i see on facebook that my brother has 'friended' someone who has the same name he does. So now I'm googling myself :) HUH! Someone posted a poem on a usenet site that I wrote when DS1 was a baby. At least they gave me credit :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would agree with you on the wait until school starts only that means I'm trading 2 kids in for 27 (including a new one who doesn't speak any English and my Waray isn't that good! :). Anyway, you may be 3 weeks behind on Plot Whisperer but I'm way further behind than that. starting to seriously write tomorrow. Gotta finish the story so I can start on the plot whispering. Got a lot of good ideas though. So, there's that.

I love pot pies. I wish anyone else in my family did. Sigh.