Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday already?

The concert last night was sweet. Short, too ;) DS2 waved his orange map and remembered his line. DD fussed some, so I was in and out for most of the classes. One of the classes was singing "It's a Wonderful World" and she hit her cue nicely on the "I hear babies cry" line :)

We got home a bit before 7:30 and DD had sacked out in the car, so I put on my gi and went to karate. I have never, ever been this out shape in my life. Whhhooooo. But we did a lot of stuff, much of which was still familiar from last year and it was certainly a good workout. I partnered with a little teenage girl for part of the time and she wasn't very serious about it. I'll have to find out which nights all my old buddies are going so I can really work. I mean, once I am vaguely ready and in shape... I'm only moderately sore today, though I am a bit dehydrated.

I snapped off the end of one of my big toenails when kneeling down on the mat. Owwwwwww. It's only a little ways down into the quick and only bled a little. But Ewwwwww.

Also, I pulled into the drive at about 9:15 and DD had apparently been awake and complaining for about an hour. DS2 was cross that he didn't get a book last night because Daddy was carrying DD around, poor lad. So if there's anything that keeps me from going back to karate for real, I guess it will be the sanity of everyone who has to listen to DD cry when I'm not there to feed her. Maybe I will try out the 6:30 class.

DD hasn't been sleeping as well lately. She's shortened her sleep times to 4 hours or so maximum. I'm hoping it's a short phase, but remember that the boys' sleep patterns changed at about 3 or 4 months and they didn't sleep through again until they were over a year old. Sigh.

She really is a gorgeous baby - she's very alert and strong and loves to chat. She is already exploring her voice and we sometimes exchange shrieky sounds. I'm trying to get her to do it on cue while I sing "I Feel Good", but I guess she's more a Louis Armstrong type of girl and not so much James Brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds wonderful (except the toenail! Owwww!). I hope she returns to her civilized sleeping patterns again. Just to prove her girl superiority! :)