Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday in the afternoon

Karate again last night. I'm just soooo tired by the end of it and the hip joint I keep tweaking is very stiff. I'll keep going for this month, then I have a hard decision to make. We jogged at the beginning of class as part of our warm up, then ran up and down doing high knees, etc. I was wheezing and was holding up everyone behind me, but I wasn't ready to collapse, so maybe there's hope for me.

On the up side, I was in class last night with the geek brothers that I started with way back last year. They're a couple of belts ahead of me now and still enthusiastic, though the one that was way over-enthusiastic is calming down a bit (though both he and the youngest brother have ruined their padded weapons by hitting each other so hard). Nice, nice young men (even if they hit each other a bit too enthusiastically). Plus, they don't hit like girls. Whoops, did I really say that? I know that the oldest of them (20-ish) was not hitting me as hard as he hits his brothers when we were practicing sparring, but he wasn't all namby-pamby and I knew he could take it if I did more then brushed him with my padded weapon. (pause here while I search my own archives for my first mention of geek boys... here's a good one, though I completely overestimated their ages)

DH has the car - he had a lunch meeting of some sort, then he'll pick up the big boys and he has one more stop to make before he comes home, so it'll be 4 or later until I see anyone other than DD.

I wanted to go to the library and I think it's open later tonight, so I might still get the chance. I have, um, 16 or so books that I requested waiting for me. I still have 12 books checked out and all of them have been renewed at least once or else are due within the next couple of days.

I've stalled on the book I am writing. The people I intended to be the hero and heroine are not getting together. The hero might be gay and the heroine is mourning her late husband and won't get over him for a while, plus she has a new baby, which is not the most romantic time in one's life, at least in my experience. The sister is falling for a guy, but he's more interested in the woman I thought was the heroine. Basically, it's not a romance novel as it started out, so what is it, who knows. I don't think there's enough mystery involved to make it a mystery. It might just be cr*p. Or an historical novel with romantic elements, as they say. Which is probably more to my taste anyway. But in that case, I would have to do a lot better with historical accuracy. Research. Sigh.

1 comment:

Neefer said...

When I was playing co-ed waterpolo, I never got handled roughly by the guys. However, when I started playing with all women, it was a different story. I was shocked when they hit me, pushed me underwater, and swam over me. The men NEVER did that (to me).