Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I didn't go to karate last night. Monday is the one night a week when my class is at 6:30, which is just exactly when we eat dinner. Though that might be easier for bedtimes and for DD's fussy time than an 8-9 class, it makes it a bit harder to get there.

DS2's Kindergarten promotion/ Spring concert/ presentation is tonight. The teachers have been sending odd, cryptic notes home with seemingly random sentences and no instructions as to what they are. Apparently, they are the lines he is supposed to learn. Then yesterday there was a tiny scrap of paper saying "Orange North America, paint stick. Orange shirt." So I went and asked for clarification and they'd like the families to come up with pictures of the continents in certain colors. I got the orange shirt part and DS1 has an orange school shirt and it might even be clean. But I can't print out a pic of North America because....

Our PC is dead and it's the only one linked to the printer. It's also the only one with the digital camera software on it. Well, we thought it had died a few days ago, but DH messed with it and it worked again for a couple of days. So I'm on my laptop that Dh uses for work things way more than I use.

And my upper back hurt even more today than it did yesterday, but I generally ache more 2 days after a big workout or a strain of some sort. Chiro on Friday will put me back together if it doesn't ease by then.

DS2's art walk and promotion ceremony are Thursday, Class field trip to go ice skating Friday. DS1 field trip next Thursday. Both have class breakfast/parties next Friday, which is the last day of school.

And I am giving in to my book compulsion and requesting the rest of the books in a couple of series from the library. I have read a couple of the books, but now must read them all, even though I'm not actually all that thrilled by them. I simply must read them all, read the ones over again that I have already read, and read them in order. No wonder I have 20 books out of the library and 20+ more on reserve, 10 of which are in transit from other libraries and for most of the rest, I am the next in line. I am returning some of the ones I have out without reading because now that I see them up close and tried to read a few pages, I have decided to pass on them for now.

I wrote a bit more on the book that's in my head, but might be writing myself into a corner. Someone spread a lot of malicious gossip about my heroine before her husband died, so the legitimacy of their unborn child has been called into question. But it's all rumor and I have no idea who would do that and why. So I might be stuck. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to see who would benefit from questioning her integrity and/or the parentage of her child. Is it a cousin who stands to inherit if the child isn't her husband's? Is it a rival for her husband's affections who simply wanted to create a divide between them and didn't care about harm to the child? Just some thoughts! :)