Saturday, June 7, 2008

kiiii-ya *whoops*

I went to karate again yesterday. Can I just say how humiliating it is when you have to race against a bunch of 16 year old black belts? And they are all the way down the mat and halfway back doing a bear crawl when you're about 10 feet out, thinking you're going to fall on your face? At least I didn't stumble and fall on my tush like I did the other night on my first night back, which reminded of my first day ever when we were learning kicks on the bag and I lost my balance and fell on my tush. It's sort of a theme for me.

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

I did yank the sore hip joint when we were practicing kicks, but it wasn't too bad and I walked it off.

I have a bunch of subplots and scenes cooking for my book and some suggestions from my writing group, including playing up the mystery angle. So I've been daydreaming it instead of writing it over the last couple of days. Better get busy...

No comments: