Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another good book: Garden Spells

I read Garden Spells last night. It's by.... oh I don't know. Sarah Addison Allen. (I had to look it up) and was her first novel. It's about two sisters from a small town in South Carolina whose family has been pariahs for many generations because they have some magical power and a magic apple tree.

It reminded me a bit of The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes by Jennifer Crusie and 2 other authors, which was also published last year and both sort of refer back to that TV show with the witch sisters, Charmed, which refers back to thousands of years of witch stories.

Anyway, Allen has a new book out and I just requested it from the library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the referral. I'll give it a go -- or both of them a go! :)