Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas meme (this time straight from Liza!)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Well, I'm trying to be a good girl and make cloth bags to reuse, but every year most stuff ends up in wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial?

Real, with roots, to be planted later. We still have one in a pot from a few years ago that we used a few times, but it's not looking so happy, since I forget to water sometimes in the summer and the pot isn't big enough.... We planted last year's and it has shot up. We got a sequoia this year, so I am afraid to plant it as it will soon take over the entire yard. Maybe I'll re-pot the new one and plant the old one and see if it lives.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Early in December

4. When do you take the tree down?
Early January

5. Favorite gift received as a child?
I want to say the year I got a big doll whose hair grows when you pull on it and goes back in when you pull the string. Chrissie?

7. Hardest person to buy for?
DH or maybe my dad. Stereotypical, I know.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom and my kids. Though my mom doesn't want anything and my kids want everything.

9. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
I must have blocked it out.

10. Mail or email Christmas card?
Um. Forget/run out of time nearly every year. I manage to send out a few, generally.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Christmas Story. Or the Grinch (the original, not that atrocity with that unfunny comic guy)

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Oh, right about now. EEK!

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
They end up at Goodwill after a few months.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cooooookies.

15. Lights on the tree?
Of course.

16. Favorite Christmas song?
Don't really have one anymore. I'm not religious anymore, but love the hymns anyway. And everything pop-ified (at least in oldies) has been drilled into my head at work. Oh, but I love the a cappella choral stuff like they used to do in Madrigals in college. Sigh.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I like staying home, but would like to go back to Ohio.

18. Can you name Santa’s reindeer?
Of course!

19. Angel on top or a star?
Star when I was growing up. Don't usually put anything but garland now.

20. What do you leave out for Santa?
We haven't left anything before, but DS1 has been making noise about it this year, so I guess we'll have to.

No comments: