Sunday, December 2, 2007

pick pick pick

I did have to work after all. The supervisor that i spoke with yesterday said i didn't, but she was apparently looking at last week's schedule. oops. So I was 40 minutes late, then got sent home early. Oh well.

Then I decided to make the whole border of my wild Christmas quilt just tone-on-tone white trees with little red birds. So that's sewed on. I cut the batting to the size I need it. I decided to use my piece of red on white A. Henry fabric that just says "Christmas" on the back, but i needed it to be a little wider. I cut strips of a red and white striped fabric. I proceeded to sew the first one all the way down the side - a good four feet, maybe more - before noticing that I was sewing it back to front. So here I am, checking my email and blogging and intermittently picking out stitches. Sigh.

Stupid good-quality thread! For every stitch I pick out, I can only tear one or two more stitches.
Oh, and the kids were picked up by a friend while I was out. She told DH that she was taking them to "Palace Eight." It took me about an hour for it to seep in and for me to realize he meant "Palisades" which is her son's school, so she might be gardening, but they are surely playing on the playground (though yesterday DS2 was eager to do some digging instead of just trimming hedges, so he might have tried to help some). I wonder when I'll get them back? DH doesn't know. He figures that she always brings them back, so wasn't too worried about where they were going or anything.

No comments: