Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Please send happy thoughts for Jennifer

A friend from childhood, I guess you could say, or a part sister: my mom babysat her from 3 months old until she could drive herself home from high school. She and one of my sisters and my little brother were like siblings (she's 6 or 7 years younger than I am? 8?), only the lucky thing got to go home at the end of the day.

Anyway, she's expecting her first baby - a little girl they are naming Enya. They found cysts - CCAM, Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation - in the baby at the halfway ultrasound. Under constant monitoring ad MRIs and more ultrasounds, it looks like the cysts are a slightly less dangerous variety and have plateaued and are starting to shrink, but the baby will need surgery at a few weeks or months old to remove the remaining lesions, since there's a chance they could turn malignant and/or cause other respiratory problems.

So send out whatever sort of shout out to the deity or new age concept of your choice. She and her husband are Protestant, but those of us who aren't still send our own wacky vibes, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Done. Sending all the good vibes I can.