Wednesday, September 5, 2007

can't.... breathe....

There's a big forest fire up in the Plumas National Forest, which is 100-some miles north of here. However, the wind is blowing from there down through the valley and it's cloudy and stinky out there. DS1 went out for recess today, but they kept DS2 inside.

I have a splitting headache, but don't know if that's general whatever or if it's the air quality. I didn't have any caffeine until early afternoon, which sometimes can bring on a headache that doesn't go away even after an infusion of coffee.

I took a nap ALLLL morning long.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor you! We have a lot of smoke here too -- I'm not sure where it is coming from. Could be the Henry Coe fire. We also saw a fire on our way home -- a grassy hill next to a road. I'm guessing it was a tossed cigarette. The hill goes up to a forest and a bunch of houses. I hope they got it out.

Fun year this year. Blech.

Philippa Lodge said...

Well, when I was Googling to find out where this fire was, I came across articles from Bay Area sources, saying that's where their smoke was coming from, too. You're even further away, but who knows. I couldn't find a picture of how far the smoke plume had gone and the exact area of the fires, which the geek in me would love to see!