Sunday, September 2, 2007

Feet

I worked for 5+ hours yesterday and my feet were killing me. They are stiff and sore this morning and guess where I am going in a couple of hours? Back to work. For 5+ hours. And again tomorrow. I wish I could wear my Birkenstock sandals to work, but we have to have closed-toe shoes: too many pins, needles, and scissors in a fabric store, plus we're hauling around those 50 lb rolls of upholstery fabric.

It's supposed to be 101 F again today. Averages are supposed to be low 90's. I was just now gazing longingly at the weather.com calendar of averages for next month. Should be low 70's by the end of October. Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis,

I hope your feet are getting better soon, in spite of having to work again and with close-toe shoes on top. But you know there're closed Birkenstocks as well? My mom used to work where she had to wear closed shoes as well (not needles but possibly knives falling froum the counter top), so she got the closed Birkenstocks. But to be honest: Birkenstocks are rather flat and flat soles put more strain on the leg and foot muscles. As my orthopedician always advises it's easier on the feet if there's just a tiny elevation of the sole, so the feet and leg muscles don't feel equally sore.

Best wishes from Munich
Doris (not your sister vbg) with her overabundance of recommendations ;-)

Anonymous said...

Not to be pessimistic, but I can't count on it being below 100F until November. And I'm in Livermore, not Sacramento.

Philippa Lodge said...

I know Doris, but they're about $200 to $250 for a pair of Birkinstock shoes. Any heel at all, though, and my lower back spasms.

And hey, Jen, it's *only* supposed to be about 90 here today. 97 tomorrow, but hey, one whole day...