Thursday, September 20, 2007

How the baby is doing

Someone asked me how I was on one of my email groups and another suggested I start a blog. Well, I have a blog, but I guess I haven't said anything about my pregnancy for a while.

This is the long, boring part - I can talk about it, my early symptoms are waning, we don't know the sex yet but I do hope we find out, my clothes are getting too tight but enough fit well enough that I don't have a new wardrobe yet, etc. I have trouble getting to sleep at night. I seem to be going straight from nausea to heartburn with no break between - a bit of overlap, in fact.

I did go to Target on the way to get the kids from school today. Apparently, if you are over size 18, you shouldn't have babies, because that's the biggest pant size they had. I started the pregnancy at somewhere around 18 (OK, a bit more, depending on the cut) and the slacks were all too tight in the thigh (which is a problem for me in anything as I have quite the pear-shaped build) and then gapped in the back so that when I bent over, I had to pull them back up.

Cause us fat chicks don't have sex, right?

I guess I'll be making skirts. Too bad I don't like wearing skirts in winter. Maybe leggings or tights under them...

Oh, I forgot to say that I am still doing karate. They were doing some mat sparring where one person had to lie on their back and the other sat on their stomach and the person on their back had to flip and escape. I sat out for that one! We are also learning to defend against knife attacks this time, including throwing the other guy on the ground. So far, I have been thrown gently by women who understand. I have only been going once a week because by the time it rolls around in the evening, I am worn out. I do enjoy it when I get there, though.

No comments: