Saturday, August 22, 2009

one of those vague things

I am messing around in ancestry.com, not so much to do my own ancestry, but to see if I can find out anything about the people who lived in my hometown in 1883. Yeah, random.

Anyway, there's a feature I hadn't seen before that plots the various points of people's documentation on a map. So i plotted my maternal grandfather and discovered that until there is more census, etc data released or until I find more documentation, it looks like he lived his entire life, birth to death, in Ohio. Never mind all those years in Florida and elsewhere in the south, there's only proof up until 1930. I need to search more for their marriage record, but even that was in Ohio (I think. Maybe PA) and my mom and her sister were born in Ohio. So 40-ish years are still lost in the mists of time.

No comments: