Saturday, August 29, 2009

books and more books

I got 3 separate emails from Borders saying that my orders had shipped. It's more like one of the orders and then some pieces of the other order. One of the titles I didn't recognize, so I had to go back to the website and look it up. It's the newest Anne Gracie and there's no note on the fedex site saying they've actually received the package ans started it on its way. But hey, I like Anne Gracie. I've had this 3rd book in her current series on my wish list almost since they announced the publication date.

All that and all the other fabulous books I am waiting for.

I have been reading Dorothy Sayers lately - a parent-friend at the kids' school brought up Harriet Vane and Lord Peter Wimsey a few weeks ago so i got the Vane books out of the library and have recently read the last one. I have the last one she started and never finished - it was finished by someone else - yet to read.

I got books at the next door neighbors' garage sale today - a couple of Agatha Christie and a parenting book and a kids' dictionary and such.

And I have 7 books, including 2 I want to use for research on Victorian Era America, waiting at the library. And another 3 in transit. And another 15 or so on my request list.

And I already have 20-ish books out of the library ( a few ready to go back when I go to get those 7).

And I went to the used book store a couple of days ago and sold a stack of books (sold BACK many of them) and picked up 3 more.

And I have a couple of other paperbacks that I'm not even sure where I got them, but they're up on the to-be-read shelf.

Basically, I have enough books here and on their way here to last 2 months.

And in 2 months, it's November and NaNoWriMo. So I have a lot of books to read and a lot of editing to do on the books I've already written and then November is devoted to churning out more deadly pose.

I mean deathless. Yeah, deathless. Which term always seems ominous to me, but it's supposed to be a compliment, right?

No comments: