Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oh well!

I was not-so-secretly hoping that DS2 would go to Best Buddy's house today and leave me free free free. But BB's mom came by here and the boys took off to play and so here they are still. Usually, they don't take much supervision and I actually see DS2 less than if he's here with just me, but today I have interfered in some small matters - like having the garden hose gushing a flood when they weren't even playing in the water.

Luckily, I decided to make a quick stop at the grocery store after dropping DS1 off at school, while DS2 was at home with DH. I think they'd be fine, but I don't think a trip to the store would have been fun for any of us. We needed milk and bananas, so it had to happen sometime!

Oh, I got an espresso/cappuccino/latte machine at the preschool garage sale last weekend and have been playing with it ever since. The coffee has a slight metallic taste, but otherwise, I think I have the hang of it. And it only takes one time taking the filter holder full of grounds off before all the pressure has dissipated to learn that it's easier to open the frother thingy up to let the last tiny bit of steam out instead of spending the next few minutes cleaning grounds off of half of the kitchen.

I am going to get a little sewing done. I really need a shower and am debating if I should take one while the boys are running around.
Or maybe I'll just read a book. I am halfway through The Loss of Leon Meed (recommended by my Page a Day book calendar). I'm not sure what the point is yet, but some of the characters are interesting.

No comments: