Monday, May 21, 2007

8 things

My online friend, Liza Lee at The Egret's Nest posted 8 things about herself that we might not have known. I knew the part about pink, though ;) Since I am currently not actually doing anything but surfing the 'Net and listening/watching YouTube videos posted by Lilith Saintcrow (go to "journal") (some 80's music, but the first one - "Cows With Guns" is a classic in its genre. Whatever genre that is. Funny musical claymation western sagas?)

Oh yeah. 8 things.

1) I am 5'9" and currently weigh more than at any time in my life except when pregnant. And I was HUGE when pregnant.
2) I always considered myself a pacifist with a bad temper. I am now a beginner in Tae Kwon Do. Have I mentioned pent-up aggression?
3) Speaking of 80's music, I don't think I own any music that was recorded after, oh, about the mid-90's. I don't listen to music all that much anymore. When it's quiet, I need my quiet, not background music.
4) I learned to sew as a kid, but hadn't done anything until about 4 years ago. Now I have a middling-to-large fabric stash. It's a disease.

Liza's right. Navel-gazing isn't all that easy. Should I make that #5?

5) If you had asked me a couple of years ago if I read romance novels, I would have said "oh hey, no way!" I read 3 this weekend. 1 contemporary (pretty good), 1 regency (OK), 1 with werewolves (not sure why these don't go straight into SF/Fantasy? But they were published as romance.) My favorite author is Jennifer Crusie, followed closely by Lani Diane Rich. The fact that they write so well is bolstered by their grace and kindness.
6) I've written about 75 pages of a novel. Which seems to a be a romance novel. Which is lacking in cohesive plot, but I really like some of the scenes.
7) I am in two book groups and only rarely end up reading the same thing twice. I am in charge of picking next month's book for the group that met tonight and I am hesitating between two books. Because I didn't tell them outright what I was picking, they thought there was a big secret about it. Oooh, just thought of a third one. They are all books that I really like and I am almost afraid to choose one because what if everyone hates it.... ?
8) Um..... I have extremely crooked pinkie fingers. Everyone in my family has slightly crooked ones, but I got the double dose and have been asked too many times to count if I had broken my fingers.

Phew!

No comments: