Monday, May 14, 2007

It's that time again sports fans

Just a month since the last time! 11 days into my luteal phase (usually 12 or 13 days long) and counting.

I went to Trader Joe's and bought what was on my list - spaghetti, Weetabix, carrots - and then what wasn't - pickles, snapea snacks, potato chips. Apparently I am going salty instead of sweet this cycle.

I've been grumpy and impatient. I usually lose my head and screech like a harpy within 24 hours of starting my actual period. It's how I keep track of exactly when I am due. Well, it should be.

In kid news: After school, we are going to Target so DS1 can purchase Battleship (don't tell Granny we hadn't spent the rest of his Christmas gift card yet!). He and DH had already jerry-rigged Battleship games out of checkerboards, but he played on the REAL board at a friend's house and now he can hardly contain his excitement.

The boy needs some new shoes, too. He still has a little space for his toes, but the seams are coming apart. We might even look at - GASP - shoes that tie. He knows how to tie his shoes, he just hates doing it, so hasn't practiced and gets shoes that slip on each time.

No karate tonight because I have to work. Black-tip testing tomorrow for DS1 and he'll be halfway to his next belt. Belt promotions are on Thursday. Oh foo, I just realized that since I work Mon and Weds, we will only have one regular class this week. We are definitely going on Friday and I might go Saturday morning after setting up DS2's school garage sale.

Speaking of which, I got tired of telling the school's non-profit foundation that you get a heck of a lot more people at your garage sale if you run an ad, so I made a donation to the school today in the form of a classified. Now, if I could only talk them into putting up signs on Thursday at the major intersection 1/2 mile up the road...

No comments: