Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom is... 21 years old today. Or 22? I can never keep it straight. The present is coming. It's in the mail. I swear. I sent it priority Wednesday, so maybe tomorrow or Monday? No, I didn't get a tracking number. I hope it didn't get irrevocably squished. Another gift to follow when it is available. Honest!

I spent about 1 1/2 hours in the front yard this morning. It's not all that big, but I did the edging and spent some time hacking away at the buffalo grass growing in the cracks. I watered my garden the rest of the way and am considering moving some broccoli from containers to the area where the lettuce has been pulled out. (Stull some left for anyone who's hungry - some has bolted, so that would be good for your rabbits...). On the other hand, I have tomato plants in that area and they will probably take over the entire western hemisphere, as usual.

DS2 and I are gold belts, now. They apparently didn't order him one of the little kids' ones (white with a gold stripe), so he has a full-fledged gold belt until they can get him the right one next week. DS1 was zany and silly yesterday - he was jealous and though he knows that he started karate later than we did and he'll move up later than we do, it just isn't quite fair, way back in his mind.

No comments: