Saturday, July 25, 2009

various ramblings

DS2 is cranky lately. He's been more prone to violence, more screechy, etc. He is also trying to get us to let him sleep in our bed again. We've been trying to get him out since he was a toddler. Most recently, he has started overwhelming his nighttime pull-up and wetting our bed. He tends to claim that he did go to the bathroom before going to bed and yet he hasn't. Weird, weird defiant behavior in that case. Like how does it hurt me and DH if he hasn't used the bathroom? Especially because he is now in charge of taking wet sheets off his own bed. Though we do have to check to be sure that he really has done it. I made him haul that stack of old, reeking pullups frokm under there the other day. What is with him?

DD's naps have been whenever she happens to take one lately. Since I try to work out when she's asleep so that DH doesn't have to actually take care of her and can work, my workouts have been all over the place or nonexistent. She seems to be shifting her nap to about 1:30, which is when the Curves closes for lunch. grrr!

DS1 is growing faster than I can keep track of. He's nearly 5 feet tall now. His hair has been getting greasy for a few months and I am totally not ready for a smelly adolescent!

But we're reading the Harry Potter books. We've just started book #4. They are already asking who the Defense Against Dark Arts teacher will be and I won't tell them. We were at a friend's house and they watched movie #4 and are just about to start #5 and I think they almost told my boys some stuff that they shouldn't. So we'll have to read fast and see if we can catch up ;) Well, not catch up exactly, because I loaned them my copy of book 5, but we'll see what we can do. I'm sure the library has the books!

And now I want to read ahead. I am not a huge fan of the last 2 books and so have only read them 2 or 3 times each and not since the year that the last one came out (2 years ago now? or 3?).

No comments: