Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The garden's status is now a "maybe"

I went to Raley's today because though we went to Trader Joe's just yesterday, I forgot to get cheddar cheese. I ended up getting cherries which were on sale, and some pears that i didn't even think to look for at TJ's.

AND

I got 5 tomato plants and 2 pepper plants. They had a couple of carts out front with a sign on them saying those plants were $1 each. 4 of the tomato plants were $1 together. So even if i kill them, I won't feel too awful. yay!

I planted the something-or-other pepper in an empty pot and watered the garden rectangle so I could dig out the weeds. i haven't dug out the weeds yet, though.

And today, DD took a really, really long nap at a convenient time. Though it was too late for me to go to Curves, I sat down and wrote and wrote for a few hours. I've done 3668 words today. yesterday, in spite of fighting for a few minutes here and there to write and getting frustrated with bad nap timing and kids who wouldn't leave me alone and so on, I ended up with about 1500, which is pretty good.

I wrote the hero's mother's death today and his subsequent breakdown. I still have to get him through the funeral. I think he's going to faint or do something else really embarrassing. he's really sensitive about people laughing at him. I also finished up a scene just before the end where the heroine's mother ruins a dinner party and then the dad drags her out and everyone has a much better time when she's gone.

I think I have only one major scene left, maybe two. And then I have a rough rough draft of another book.

Then I need feedback on the first one and I need to rewrite it.

No comments: