Wednesday, June 17, 2009

edits and other writing problems

I wrote my last scene for the book I've been writing for the last couple months. I have one more scene that I want to go back and put in - a crucial one for explaining the heroine's character, I think, I just haven't written it yet.

A friend of mine - and mother of boys who are my boys' ages - came over for a bit today and we went over some of the comments and questions she had about the book I wrote for NaNo. She really helped me clarify what I need to do and now I need to do it. Mostly more narration and more revealing of what the characters are thinking and the scene around them. I like dialogue and don't always explain what's going on in their heads. At least one of those characters keeps most of his emotions hidden, so when he gets around to kissing someone, it's a surprise to everyone. But once he has kissed her, he needs to think about why, I know....

Anyway, she pointed out lots of stuff and is going to make more notes on the copy I gave her and then it's serious rewrite time.

No comments: