Friday, June 26, 2009

DH stole my computer again!

I am tired today and haven't had much time that I would have been able to write. Well, not totally true, because I went and worked out while DD was napping. I could have been writing. I also could have been napping, but oh well.

Anyway, I was trying to get back into a scene that I started yesterday where the hero's coming to terms with his problems with his late brother. Too much of it is back story blah blah and I will need to pare it down to stuff that is vital to the heroine understanding the hero and the hero getting over it.

So anyway, I thought of some stuff that I needed to say and next thing I knew DH was taking my computer to some demo. And the thing went out of my head. POOF like that.

I have also identified a couple of chapters that I need to cut completely, that don't do anything at all for the plot or even very much for characterization. But it makes me sad, because I like the chapters. I also need to trim down one of the chapters that I wrote more recently because I am suddenly introducing characters from the second book and I shouldn't unless they can add something to this book (it drives me nuts when authors write a series and toss in characters just so they exist before the next book comes up or just so we can see how happy they are after their own story's over, even though they don't do anything in the book) Sigh.

No comments: