Monday, May 11, 2009

self-esteem gone wild

What's with this Olivia chick? I mean the pig girl from the books and Nick Jr. Is she really so stuck on herself or is her self-esteem so bad that she has to constantly build herself up? Especially by belittling her brother?

Anyway.

The baby is trying to talk more. She makes sounds that echo what we've just said, but doesn't come up with them on her own, at least not so we can understand. We took a nap this morning (she didn't want to go to bed last night and then was up every 2 hours and got up at 6 instead of 7) and when we woke up I said, "That was a good nap."

So she said, "Goonah."

Oh, and she figured out how to carry the plastic footstool around and put it next to the things she wants to climb up on. And I thought climbing on chairs and the table was enough of the third dimension for me, now she can get up on just about anything.

The school year is winding down. Only a whole month left. Only 10% of the year where we have art walks and testing and such instead of instruction.

Oh, and I spent a good deal of time today seething about my credit card again. But that's a different post.

No comments: