Tuesday, May 26, 2009

15th monthaversary (and general info type post)

How did it get to be 15 months already?

In other news: as I mentioned on facebook already, the way to get your gardening done is to let your kids watch "Holes" and point them in the right direction. They (mostly DS2, who's almost 7) dug a hole for one of our live Christmas trees. It only took five months. Oh, and I still have one in a pot that has looked worse and worse every year for the last.... 4 or 5 years.

Next is the little bed I have for vegetables, which is totally choked by stupid bermuda/buffalo/whatever grass. Maybe i can get them to dig it up and toss the grass on the compost. I'll need to dig the compost myself, I guess...

I am trying to write a scene that's been in my head for ages, but am not getting it to come out right. However, I had decided that I would get to 25K words for this month and am only 900-ish words away from that. I would also like to finish the rough rough draft of this novel in the next few days, but we'll see. Maybe before school is out for summer on the 10th. At that time, I'll dive into edits on the older novel and try to get that to flow. And then.... well, maybe some day I'll be brave enough to send off some query letters? Yikes.

Right. break's over. So's the writing, because DD is hollering for me.

PS. I forgot to say - I did a load of light-colored clothes and managed to get a brand new red bandana in it. And what got pink splotches? DS1's karate uniform, of course! Couldn't be something expendable like the old towel or the polo shirt that's missing buttons and developing holes. SIGH. I already soaked the spots with detergent and left them to soak ina bit of water overnight and used a tiny bit of bleach. They're still there. I'd go find some of the dye remover stuff, but I don't know if that would ruin the silkscreening on the back (the name of the karate school)

No comments: