Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday chillaxin'

Let's see....

We managed to sleep until almost 8, then the boys came in at a bit before 8:30.

DS2 was trying to attack/wrestle DS1 over and over and even though I said that they needed to work it out or stop or DS1 needed to walk away, it took until DS1 finally clocked DS2, who promptly went berserker and I hauled him away screaming and flailing for it to end. They've been getting along well since then.

I woke DH up a bit after 10 so I could go work out. I feel refreshed.

I got back and DD wanted milkies and a nap, so I lay down with her and read a book (old Nora Roberts from a library book sale about 2 years ago that has been drifting in dust because I hadn't gotten around to it) and she went to sleep pretty quickly.

DD has had 3 dirty diapers today with nasty, runny poops. 2 days in a row. Icky and worrying, plus she screams and cries when we change her, presumably her bottom hurts or else she's tired of having her diaper changed.

We had sandwiches and some leftovers for lunch because I couldn't actually think of anything to make. I thought maybe pancakes, but DS2 has been asking for crepes lately, so I figured we could have those for dinner.

The boys are back at building their couch cushion house. I swear we have only kept the horribly decrepit love seat for the cushions. They keep helping the baby in and then she screams to get out and then she screams to get back in. Sigh.

And now.... Now, I am going to attempt to write at least 422 words, which will take me over my month's goal. If I am given a little space and quiet and my mind is functioning, I can do that much in less than half an hour. I was about to write that I could do it with one hand tied behind my back, but even though i have been typing one-handed for years due to baby feeding, I really am not very fast.

No comments: