Friday, July 20, 2007

What I should be doing right now

Picking up stuff. Sweeping. Mopping. Baking a cake. Rinsing out the wading pool. Cleaning the hall bathroom.

Last weekend was too quick for me to get my act together - after all, it was only a week after his birthday - so DS2's birthday party is tomorrow. 5 kids coming over along with my 2. I told their parents to bring swimsuits and I'm going to set up the new sprinkler and fill the wading pool and let the kids have at it. Probably should mow at least part of the grass back there. Because I need more things on my to-do list.

Not really decided if I'm standing in line tonight or going first thing in the morning to get the HP book. I'm thinking morning, though it'll have to be a quick run for it to be back here and ready for a party at 10 am. But then I won't be able to start reading it until afternoon. At that rate, I might as well have ordered it to be delivered. Life is so hard.

Thanks for the sympathy online and off about my lost chapter. It was all in my head still, so I plugged it all back into the computer. Not quite the same. Maybe better, maybe worse.

ETA #1: Picked up in living/dining room (the boys will have to pick up the front room and in their rooms). Vacuumed. Baked brownies (only mix I had in the cupboard).

ETA #2: Just remembered that I have a book group tonight, so anything I hope to get done, I need to do right now. But someone might be going to a HP party tonight, so maybe I could get someone to pick up a copy for me to start reading as soon as I roll out of bed in the morning. Hmmmm....

No comments: