Monday, July 9, 2007

Local paper

A few months ago, they had informed me that the "weekend" service - which had gradually crept up in days and price from Friday - Sunday, then added Monday, then added Thursday - was no longer available (apparently the deliverers got confused about who got what on which day!) and I could get the paper everyday for the same price for a couple of months before it went to full price. I told them I only wanted it on weekends, but they said I couldn't have that.

So fast forward a few months to last week, when I got my bill for the next bit. The newspapers were piling up so high, most with the rubberbands still on them - I just don't read it everyday, especially in the summer with both kids at home. What a waste of money and paper. I called them up and told them I wanted to cancel because I don't read it and they offered me....

Yeah, you got it. Saturday and Sunday delivery.

Which is what I have been trying to get from them for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS.

Which was not mentioned as an option on any of the correspondence that I have received since going to full-week delivery.

Which the nice woman on the phone sounded surprised that I didn't know about.

And there she goes, running screaming into the night.

No comments: