Monday, July 23, 2007

A few days later....

I got my copy of HP & tDH at the grocery store Saturday morning while picking up frosting and strawberries and bananas. I couldn't find it, the cashier said she didn't know if they had it. I had left my purse in the car and by the time I had come back in, they had grabbed a copy for me from the customer service/photo desk - a couple of dollars more than at B&N, but I didn't have to drive 10 miles through heavy traffic when I didn't exactly have spare time. I read the first chapter at 10 am, because none of our guess arrived before 10:20, then I had to wait until 1 pm to really flop down and read.

But the birthday party was fun. We didn't have any planned activities, except the general intention of having them play in the wading pool and sprinkler - which they didn't do. Seven kids dividing into various factions, playing with every toy in the house, climbing our one decent climbing tree, and having a good time. One child - one of DS2's buddies - stayed for a bit after everyone else left and THEN they played in the wading pool.

Yesterday, I felt like death, so spent most of the day reading in bed, too. Today, I had to get up and go see the dentist. Just a cleaning and no mention of new cavities, so I'm good for another six months.

They're holding a book I want to read for me at our dinky, little library branch, but it's not open on Monday, so I have to wait. Ooooooh life is hard.


Thoughts of love and condolences to a friend of mine whose father-in-law passed away yesterday morning after a long fight with cancer. He knew that the fight wasn't achieving anything and decided Friday to go with palliative care at home with family for his last days.

No comments: