Monday, July 16, 2007

Gonna cry

Last week I wrote a couple thousand words, the start of an idea I had percolating in the back of my brain. Actually, the back story for the story was a creepy dream I had a couple of months ago that I jotted down and I have written out most of that. Well, twice now, because there was the morning-after typing and then something to bring it more into the context of what I want to do with it, which is drop it in piece by piece.

Anyway, I wrote the first two scenes and now.... I can't find them on my computer. I often type into drafts in email because I am on DH's computer. (Yes, it had OpenOffice, yes I could use the word processor, yes I could email or ftp it across the room to the computer attached to the printer, etc etc etc).

But it's gone now. Absolutely no idea what happened.

Ah well, I was thinking of cutting down the first scene since it wasn't going much of anywhere except getting the heroine out the door and to the Kwik Mart. But I was pretty happy with the Kwik Mart part. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ack! That STINKS! I'm so sorry! :(

In condolence, I got email from Amazon saying that my copy of Deathly Hallows was being prepared for shipment and would arrive on Saturday! YAHOOOOOOO!