Friday, August 1, 2008

Hiiiii-ya!

We had belt promotions last night. I'm a green belt now, which is the 4th belt and the second one in the intermediate class. DS1 is a blue belt, 2 ahead of me and also the last rank that is in the intermediate class. In a bit under 4 months, he'll be moving to red belt, which is the advanced class.

DD is a black belt :)





I was going to take some pictures of all of us together, but forgot my camera in the mad rush to barely get there on time for DS1's belt ceremony. Got lots of praise and cooing and funny remarks from people there about her gi. I was going to give her a white belt at first, then thought about using green or blue since that's what we were moving to, but decided that black would get more notice. That shirt's not going to still fit her by the next time we promote. Well, unless DS2 goes back and then he should promote in about a month.

Pants were sweat pants from ottobre - you can't see it, but there's wide gray ribbing at the waist. The shirt was from http://babypatterns.atspace.com/overview.html - the yellow wrap shirt in 3-6 months. I had a heck of a time trying to get it to print out as big as it's supposed to be, plus it's probably supposed to be knit instead of unstretchable woven, so it was a bit tight.

She managed to not melt down, though the whole thing (2 ceremonies) lasted over 1 1/2 hours and when she was getting fussy was when I was out there doing my karate stuff and getting my belt so I couldn't just stop and nurse her.

DS2, on the other hand.... well, he didn't melt down, but as soon as we got there - IMMEDIATELY after eating dinner of which he didn't eat much because he wasn't hungry - he went to the snack table and proceeded to graze for 1 1/2 hours. Don't we feed him?

And then DS1 sat and read a comic book throughout my belt promotion. Now why did I drag the whole family along again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is SO cool! And, what a cute idea to dress DD in a gi. She looks adorable. You are very clever! Black belt indeed! And, as for the lack of attention the boys paid, I bet if you ask them, they think they paid careful attention. Kids are weird! :)