Monday, August 18, 2008

general updates and rambling

Well...

I got the oil changed in the car today. That's about it, really. No, I guess I should add that it hasn't been changed since oh, about January and 6000-ish miles, so it was way overdue. DH has driven it a lot more lately, but you know who's still in charge of maintenance. They also noticed the drive belt or serpentine or something like that was cracked and old, so I got a new one of those, too.

DD and I went to the Trader Joe's that's in the same parking lot area. I wanted to get a gooey snack and a loaf of bread from Great Harvest, but it was closed. No sign about why or when it's opening again, but the shelves were still stocked, so I am hoping it's just a temporary seasonal thing. Especially because they owe me a loaf of free bread, since I brought my card along for the past dozen I have bought from them. Anyway, by the time the car was ready to go, DD was exhausted. She didn't fuss too much, though she took exception to having her diaper changed and then after I fed her a bit, she didn't want me to sit still anymore, so we walked around in Midas. She was asleep within a mile after I put her in her carseat, though. She woke up for a bit, so I lay down and nursed her again, then she woke up and ate again a few times. She's now coming up on 4 hours of this extended dance remake of a nap.

OK, I hear her again, so I suppose I should go rescue her.

And I finished "Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!" by Fannie Flagg, which my mom had recommended. Very interesting, often funny, but sort of over-issued. Not a current term, I am sure ;) but I mean that she was trying to put too many issues in one book, it felt to me. Though the shirnk in pink tights was good ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are closed on Mondays...