Monday, July 21, 2008

"another picture when she's wearing it"

Or four.

It's the same pattern I used for the turquoise romper with big flower a few weeks ago.

I nearly forgot to cut this one out with extra for seam allowances, so the legs aren't quite as long as they should be. Which is not a big deal. But one leg is also about 1/4 inch longer than the other, but I don't have the energy to unpick it. I might roll it one more time and sew it again. Or I might not.

I made the same mistake that I had to unpick with the crotch seam. I put the buttons higher up so the straps don't dangle from her ears. I didn't make it as a bodice and a bottom this time, but still used the fabric as the bodice lining instead of interfacing as the pattern says.

Fabric from Hancock's - Spring 2007 on clearance (still) now at a store near you - as if I didn't have enough other fabric here without buying some more. It's cotton/poly and a pique. Well, not pique, but something similar and I can't think of the name. I got 1/2 yard of each pattern and have about half of each left.




No comments: