Monday, June 11, 2007

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

The horror! The horror!

My mom went out of town *gasp* BEFORE sending me the genealogy stuff! She won't be back until Thursday! My head may explode!

OK, OK, deep calming breath.

I have decided to mess around with my mom's dad's dad's side of the family tree, looking up siblings and cousins and such of Victor E., since it was through him that we are related to the Wright brothers. The link's probably in the stuff my mom will send, but the sense of discovery is fun, too.

So my sticking points right now are:
The L_____ that came from Pomerania - date, boat, family brought and left behind, etc;
my dad's grandma's maiden name; and
if there was another Victor E. M_____ in Central Ohio at the same time as my GG-father in NE Ohio, or if there was something fishy going on (my mom said "I wouldn't put it past him" - this was not a terribly nice man, by most accounts, but I hadn't heard bigamy mentioned before)

Oh, and by linking up with someone else's family tree, I have found some ancestors who were in Maryland for the American Revolution. Quick. Call the DAR.

No comments: